Friday, April 30, 2010
* USDA NIFA grant - "Critical Issues: Emerging and New Plant and Animal Pests and Diseases"
* Wisconsin Pest Bulletin (v.54 n.1, 4/23/2010)
Related books & documents at UW-Madison:
* A systematic catalogue of the mealybugs of the world (Insecta, Homoptera, Coccoidea, Pseudococcidae and Putoidae) : with data on geographical distribution, host plants, biology, and economic importance
* Systematic analysis of the mealybugs in the Pseudococcus maritimus complex (Homoptera: Pseudococcidae)
* Handbook of soybean insect pests
* Pest management in soybean
* Soybean pest management in Wisconsin
* Pest management in Wisconsin field crops : a guide to managing weeds, insects, and diseases in corn, soybeans, forages, and small grains
* Some aspects of the biology and ecology of Orius insidiosus (Say) (Hemiptera: Anthocoridae) and a survey of arthropods on soybeans in south central Wisconsin
* Sulfhydryl-dependent inducible phytoalexins in juvenile soybeans predict insect resistance in fully developed plants
* Low-cost technology for controlling soybean insect pests in Indonesia
* Appraisal of insect-resistant soybeans, in Economic, environmental, and social benefits of resistance in field crops
* Two-spotted spider mite management in soybean and corn
* A nucleopolyhedrovirus for control of velvetbean caterpillar in Brazilian soybeans, in Biological control : a global perspective : case studies from around the world
* Biology and management of the soybean cyst nematode
* Soybean resistance to stem-mining agromyzid beanflies (Diptera: Agromyzidae)
* American Soybean Association diagnostic guide
* Sampling methods in soybean entomology
Related research articles:
* Biswas, J., Ghosh, A.B.. (2000). Biology of the mealybug, Planococcus minor (Maskell) on various host plants. Environment and Ecology, 18(4): 929-932.
* Thippaiah, M.; Kumar, N.G. (1999). Dysmicoccus sp. (Pseudococcidae: Homoptera): a pest of soybean in Karnataka. Insect Environment, 5(2): 70.
* Jadhav, R.G.; Madane, N.P.; Kathamale, D.K. (1996). Record of soybean as a new host in India for citrus mealybug. Insect Environment, 2(3): 90.
* Kadiata, B.D.; Mulongoy, K.; Ntonifor, N.N. (1992). A severe mealybug infestation on some tree legumes. Nitrogen fixing tree research reports, 10: 70-72.
* Srivastava, O.S. (1972). Soybean, a new host record of mealy bug, Nipaecoccus vastator (Mask.) (Hemiptera: Pseudococcidae) in India. Indian Journal of Entomology, 34(3): 351-352.